Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure

Poll: COBRA?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
COBRA?

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th February 2011, 12:26 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

On another note I wonder what the fully uncut version would have looked like and does the footage even still exist? With George Pan Cosmatos gone maybe we will never know.
Old 17th February 2011, 07:30 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Classic Stallone.

Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 17th February 2011, 08:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
On another note I wonder what the fully uncut version would have looked like and does the footage even still exist? With George Pan Cosmatos gone maybe we will never know.

this is definitely one film that i would love to see the pre r rated cut.
i remember reading an interview where they said they had to cut loads form the killings etc and I'm convinced there is a jump cut at the end just before Brian Thompson goes into the flames on the hook as you only see before and after shots.
Old 17th February 2011, 09:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Along with Commando, this is one of my all-time favourite '80s action flicks, and I will definitely be picking this up very soon.

Is it just me, or do most modern 'action' flicks, actually seem less violent . Films like Cobra, Commando, Raw Deal, and of course Death Wish just seem to have a gritty brutality (for want of a better word) compared to most modern, sanitised, glossy, over-CGI'd action flicks. And that's just the cut versions!

Oh yeah, and Brian Thompson is a legend!
Old 17th February 2011, 10:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yeah that'd be VERY interesting Tanz.

Wonder if it's sitting in a vault somewhere.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 18th February 2011, 03:12 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

And here's the fantastic opening to the movie. I wonder if those stats were correct. Scary to think they were.

Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 18th February 2011, 03:23 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I wonder who directed the film. It's been said that Rambo: First Blood, Part II and Tombstone were mostly directed by Stallone and Kurt Russell respectively, with Costmatos there as a "ghost director". I wonder if Stallone was actually behind the camera for most of Cobra as well?

Another interesting thing I just read. Cobra was loosely based on the novel Fair Game. Later filmed using that title with William Baldwin and Cindy Crawford.
Old 18th February 2011, 04:38 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I wonder who directed the film. It's been said that Rambo: First Blood, Part II and Tombstone were mostly directed by Stallone and Kurt Russell respectively, with Costmatos there as a "ghost director". I wonder if Stallone was actually behind the camera for most of Cobra as well?

Another interesting thing I just read. Cobra was loosely based on the novel Fair Game. Later filmed using that title with William Baldwin and Cindy Crawford.
I was aware of the Paula gosling novel Fair Game (which you can also get under the title "A Running Duck") but not about Stallone and Russell doing a lot of the directing, wouldn't be surprised though, especially with the Stallone films.

I'd love a blu ray of Tombstone, my second best western of the 90's.
Old 18th February 2011, 04:48 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah it would be good to see a Russell cut of Tombstone someday, slong with this uncut version of Cobra. I also see from IMDB that there are a few scenes in the tv version not found in the released one. Nightslasher at his job cutting up fish and Cobra and Ingrid having a brief conversation with law enforcement officials in the factory after killing the Nightslasher.
Old 18th February 2011, 06:00 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah,that'd be cool.

Any extras on the BD Stephen?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!