Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Nothing Underneath (1985) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/194-nothing-underneath-1985-a.html)

smileysmile18 2nd April 2008 09:40 PM

Nothing Underneath (1985)

Any chance of releasing this excellent mid 80s giallo starring Donald Pleasance? Doesn't seem to be out on DVD anywhere in the world!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd April 2008 07:34 PM

Never heard of this one:confused:Any more info....you ain't talkin' about PHANTOM OF DEATH? and i've just fell into an April fools?:ack:

smileysmile18 3rd April 2008 10:08 PM

Haha, not an April fool, no. Nothing Underneath was directed by Carlo Vanzina in the mid 80s, and is a real 80s time capsule as well as a great giallo. Theres also a ridiculous psychic bond angle between the lead and his sister. It used to be very easily found in a big box ex rental, but isn't out on DVD anywhere. Reportedly the Japanese vhs is the best quality, but I'd love a DVD of it.

ecc 4th April 2008 01:11 AM

There is rumor of a Swedish DVD release but no specs as of yet.

I'd like to see PATHOS/A TASTE FOR FEAR and DOMINO on DVD.

Angel 4th April 2008 06:16 AM

It was classified for DVD by the BBFC in 2002 but appears never to have been released.

vipco 4th April 2008 02:09 PM

Why do companies submit films and then not release them even if they pass uncut, as is the case with 'Snuff'.
Ok snuf'fs not a good film in any way but surely with its history and a good publicity campaign I imagine you could shift quite a few units.
It must cost these companies money to submit films for classification, so why hold them back, especially if you get an 'uncut' decision. The only advantage in doing this that I can see is the rights to the film would probably become more valuable to the holder if some other company was wanting to get hold of them if they've already been passed as uncut.

vincenzo 4th April 2008 03:49 PM

I'm surprised about Snuff too. It's a truly abysmal film but would probably sell quite well owing to its reputation alone. Blue Underground submitted it back in May 2003 and it was passed uncut. After that - zilch. Perhaps the distributor (or lack of one) lost interest.

Angel 4th April 2008 05:59 PM

I'm still waiting for Death Wish 3 & 4. The cuts were waived years ago but they still haven't been released.

vipco 4th April 2008 07:11 PM

How much does it cost a film toget classified, and does it have to be resubmitted after its been cut if the scenes have been re edited.?
Anyone know.?

Almar@Cult Labs 4th April 2008 08:00 PM

Nothing Underneath is an old fave of mine and the Avatar ex-rental tape I have of it has been wheeled out many a time so it has been on my radar and we've looked at picking it up but will have to see what it costs. It's great fun to release films like this and Phantom of Death and plug a gap in the collection but... they don't make any money! :(