Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: would you buy Mad Foxes?
Yes, in a heartbeat. 56 93.33%
No, I will stick to the Twilight saga. 2 3.33%
Not bothered, I've already got rabies. 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. This poll is closed

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th September 2013, 08:17 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
will this play on uk blu ray players?
As it will be Region B or Region All, it will.
Old 8th September 2013, 11:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default foxy

cool
Old 10th September 2013, 11:57 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
I see that this is getting a BD release with what looks like Rick Melton artwork from Germany. Has anybody got any further details that they can add?
yes sure.

It is not a German release as the title ist still on the index. It is an austrian release and will only be available with austrian online-shops or with uk-importers. The whole edition ist limited to 1999 (666 Cover A and 1333 Cover B). Both editions will cost more than 25 Pounds.
mr 420 likes this.
Old 1st October 2013, 08:36 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfulci View Post
yes sure.

It is not a German release as the title ist still on the index. It is an austrian release and will only be available with austrian online-shops or with uk-importers. The whole edition ist limited to 1999 (666 Cover A and 1333 Cover B). Both editions will cost more than 25 Pounds.
I've become aware of some facts, why this film probably will never be released anywhere outside Austria and Switzerland: The producer of this filn was Erwin C. Dietrich, a Sexpolitation film-producer/-director of the 70ies from Switzerland. The director of Mad Foxes ist named Paul Grau, which is probably an alias to someone unknown for he has merely directed 4 films; all produced by Erwin C. Dietrich (who by the way produced many Jess-Franco-Films of the mid-70ies).
The alias is not connected to Dietrich, his aliasses are known; so most probably someone unknown nowadays directed Mad Foxes. Perhaps it is someone, who has had other positions in earlier Dietrich-films. I never paid much attention to this name before in the credits of Dietrich-films. But it jus could be an alias of any person who worked for Dietrich in any position. And the Dietrich's film-company ABCDVD owns the licence of the film and releases it every other year, mostly in limited editions. Now it seems it's time for another go as they have licenced the film to an austrian company (which is probably an affilitate to ABCDVD) to release a Blu-Ray-Editon.

So the licence of the film is, unlike with many other (S)exploitation-films, not free and thus it's very unlikely that it will be released whith third-party-companies.
mr 420 likes this.

Last edited by lfulci; 2nd October 2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 5th September 2016, 09:27 PM
Cult Addict

I've been having a laugh going through this old thread and three years on it looks like ifulci was right about it not getting released on DVD. I still think that it's nothing short of a travesty that this isn't available to a wider audience.
plasterface likes this.
Old 6th September 2016, 06:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default madness

I Finally got to see it last year, hilarious film

Like this? Share it using the links below!