Thread: Don't Be Evil!
View Single Post
Old 21st July 2008, 04:24 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Default Don't Be Evil!

In coming up with Shameless there were certain things we wanted to avoid that bugged us about the ways DVDs were put out - certainly we wanted to try and get across our love for the movies and that we're on the side of fans and not just screw 'em over (well not so that you'd notice!)

So I've been struck by a thought that popped back into my head today when I got some new stock in. As time goes on we issue corrections to sleeves - like the cuts length on the back of NYR - just little tiny things like that - spelling mistakes and so on. The thing is I noticed the new files clearly weren't in use yet as the mistakes remain. So I plan a bit of housekeeping to get any little errors ironed out for future stock.

So what am I saying here. Well in doing that there's an opportunity to potentially do reversible sleeves for the titles that are missing such things. My resistance to the idea though is I don't want to do it thus compelling people to buy the DVDs again - that's not the idea - just feels evil. But am I being too sensitive?

Your thoughts please! And no we're not able to start changing the discs - you have to start from the beginning there.