View Single Post
Old 26th September 2010, 03:33 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
the problem here is, that while it could be, and was in fact argued that a cat eating a mouse is actually a natural occurrence, (even though probably staged)

but someone pushing a pin into a lizard is a deliberate act of cruelty inflicted for no reason other than to be included in the film.

sorry guys, but on that basis alone, it should be removed from the film and speaking honestly here, I for one would be disappointed if it wasn't cut.
While the BBFC never gave a reason why they overturned the INFERNO decision, they wrote this:

Quote:
While a cat eating a mice is a natural, real-life occurrence, if such an incident has been "organised or directed" specifically for the purposes of being filmed - rather than captured on film while occurring naturally as in a wildlife documentary - and involves the cruel infliction of pain, we are legally required by the Act to remove the scene.
So, when they overturned it less than a week later it was for another reason. My guess is that it was for the reason I brought up for BOTH films, which is that mice and lizards are not 'domesticated' or 'protected' animals which is what the LAW is set up for.

While some may think it's cruel to pin a lizard to the ground for the purposes of a shot in a film, it's not ILLEGAL according to the LAW in the UK.

I'm not a lawyer but I believe this shot will NOT be cut in the Arrow DEEP RED disc.