View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2008, 08:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Here's a film that deserves to be on this list - GUTTERBALLS Directed by Ryan Nicholson.

For those interested in such matters this film is going to be cut by the BBFC if it is ever submitted. NO question.

Numerous cuts will be made to the 10 minute rape sequence to remove "eroticising" detail. This scene was like a mix between Death Wish 2 & I Spit on Your Grave ie just when you think it's coming to an end...it continues. I thought it was a reprehensible film for instance after the woman's ordeal she turns up the very next day at the bowling alley (where she was raped) like nothing ever happened. She would have needed medical treatment for her injuries considering the brutality that was directed at her. A "tasty" rock music soundtrack is played over the rape just making things more tasteless. Yes lot of this is going to have to be cut here. The film also includes scenes of very strong violence during the revenge scenes, some if it is sexualised. These scenes shouldn't have any problems with the BBFC but they are extremely grotesque. There's even one hardcore sex scene followed by murder. I get the impression this scene was meant to be funny. The BBFC are unlikely to be amused. Certainly the MPAA weren't amused cutting 15 minutes for the R. I don't think the BBFC will be quite as strict as that though as there is mainly one sequence (possibly 2) that will require cuts. The killer's mask though does make the whole film look ridiculous (see Nailgun Massacre). It also must hold the record for verbal obscenites ie the f-word is used in very line and the c-word is used dozens of times. There's also a great deal of homophobic language. I can't see it being rejected but it will certainly be cut.