View Single Post
Old 7th October 2010, 01:32 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Default Suggestions for Shameless Numbering Method

I've moved these posts here to have one thread dealing with the Shameless numbering issue.

I have had a response to Shameless over the numbering of discs. I'm putting it in this thread since The Bronx Warriors is the first of the new batch out.

The original 20 Shameless films were part of a spine-builder collection and Shameless is incredibly grateful to those who stuck with them and collected them all just to see that cool Shamless logo running across their DVD shelf.

However, after the initial 20 came The Bronx Warriors Trilogy which was not part of the spine-builder since this had now finished. It continued with the catalogue number SHAM021, however, because catalogue numbering is dictated to Shameless by the rigidity of the barcode system. The same goes for the trilogy of Euro sexploitation which followed. This was obviously never perceived to be a problem until the re-issues of the Bronx films and the announcement of the Fulci boxset (incidentally, boxes inside the set retain their original Shameless numbering). Because these numbers are forced upon Shameless, they innocently went along with them without realising that many fans would feel they were being forced to buy the same films twice. There was a demand for the Bronx films to be released individually and the chance to release a limited edition set of Fulci films with collectors' artwork was too good to miss. Unfortunately, because Shameless have been working with the fixed rules of the barcode system, it is now too late to alter the packaging for these four releases and so they have to be released as SHAM025/26/27/28. But, now that Shameless understands this to be a problem with fans and collectors, they are going to seek a solution with the barcode system for all future releases.

Shameless have exciting plans for 2011 (watch this space!) and so will make sure that any numbering decisions are ran by all you guys at here to try to find the best solution.

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 7th October 2010 at 08:33 PM.