View Single Post
Old 8th October 2010, 06:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
I'm a big fan of JC's movie. I was not impressed when I heard a prequel was being filmed but remain open-minded as normal. They've attempted to film most of the creature effects using physical effects which is good and a minimal use of CGI. That's the good news. The bad news is that however good the feature is, we know the ending. It's like someone filming a series of movies explaining how Anakin Skywalker was Darth Vader...MUST NOT MENTION THE PREQUELS.

So the last shot should be of the dog escaping with the helicopter chasing it. It's all a bit "so what". But then many franchises recycle the same old shit over and over again and people flock to those.
They have a nasty habit of overusing CGI in films these days don't they? Even for basics, such as blood splatter. CGI blood? I'm glad the majority of the FX in this will be Physical, as you say. But yeah, we all know how it ends for them in this movie, so there is little to be excited about, to be honest. But I will watch this when it's released, being a big fan of the original. The Phantom Menace was naff in retrospect, The three-way duel was cool, but even that was ruined by inter-cutting it with a crap Anakin sequence. I liked the music track that accompanied the duel also: Duel Of The Fates, By John Williams. But that was about it...