Thread: Twin Peaks
View Single Post
Old 11th October 2010, 05:12 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Love Twin Peaks. Never saw it first time round on TV (I was still at school & probably a bit too young to fully understand it) but years later I bought Season One when it was finally released on dvd. I was totally in love with Sherilyn Fenn who played Audrey Horne (fantastic name!) at the time & who can forget her scene with the cherry stem. Wow!
I was gutted when I found out Season two wasn't being released in the UK at the time, but this June I was bought the Definitive Gold Box Edition for my 40th birthday so all is good. Gonna have to dive into it soon. I was a little disappointed with Fire Walked with Me (no Lara Flynn Boyle for starters) but I've only seen it once & that was a while ago, so perhaps a repeat viewing is in order

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchslicer View Post
has anyone ever listened to the tapes of dale cooper if not you probably should ,they're hilarious.
I bought them cheap from a comic fair years ago, they are brilliant. I always tried to imagine what diane looked like. Also Kyle MacLachlan was actually nominated for a Grammy Award for best spoken-word performance for these tapes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Apparently, a computer game (haven't a clue what it's called) is supposed to be coming out soon that is very similar in story and content to Twin Peaks. Whilst not really my thing, I thought I'd mention it in case anybody was interested.
I think the game your refering to is Deadly Premonition, an Xbox 360 game that's being released on the 29th of October.

Official Xbox magazine said it was such a bizzare game that it almost defies rating.

Deadly Premonition

'Deadly Premonition is a third-person survival-horror-action game that blends gritty crime investigation gameplay, with a topnotch story and classic melee and ranged combat. Set across an expansive and persistent open world game environment filled with more than 30 non-player characters (NPCs), side quests and multiple types of deadly supernatural enemies, Deadly Premonition offers a unique and haunting interactive gaming experience unlike any other'.

Story
Deadly Premonition follows the adventures of Special Agent Francis York Morgan sent to the fictional Pacific Northwest town of Greenvale to investigate the brutal murder of a young local beauty. Amidst the backdrop of soaring mountains and a town filled with eccentric natives, Agent Morgan must solve the mystery of the Red Seed Murders and stay alive in a place where supernatural creatures and a legendary folklore killer seek to end his investigation permanently.

You make it easy.

Last edited by kingofwitches666; 11th October 2010 at 07:27 AM.