Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The 10th Victim

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2014, 02:18 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
So.....a dvd case then. Epic fail i'm afraid. Should be a BD case. Easy pass for me.
That's what I imagine, Stephen - but we'll find out for sure shortly.
Old 7th February 2014, 02:20 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Is that the only reason you're not getting this?

Yes. If I want the film, i'll just get the US blu-ray.
Old 7th February 2014, 02:28 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Yes. If I want the film, i'll just get the US blu-ray.

You're very odd Stephen
Old 7th February 2014, 02:31 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Not really. Just rather have a blu-ray in a blu-ray case. Nothng odd about that.
Old 7th February 2014, 02:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Looking at the artwork, I'd say this is a DVD with a Blu Ray edition added, not the other way round like typical Dual Format releases, so puting it in a DVD case sounds reasonable to me
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th February 2014, 03:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

As silly as it sounds, a DVD sized case will put some people off. I'm not a huge fan of Dual Formats in DVD sized cases myself, but it won't necessarily stop me buying the release.

I know the Network release of The Man Who Haunted Himself (Dual Format in a DVD height case) got a lot of negative comments on a few Blu-ray related forums, it also found itself only being displayed in the DVD section of HMV, which you have to take into account. Will you still recoup costs for producing a Blu-ray if a portion of the typical Blu-ray buyers who don't browse DVD sections, don't know it's there? Perhaps it won't matter so much to Shameless, who often have an aisle end devoted to them in my local HMV. Certainly Network seem to have changed their packaging for future DF releases, whether that's due to high street presence or feedback only Network will know.

I kind of feel Shameless are a little damned either way. Those custom Blu-ray cases can't be cheap. It's nice they've pushed for a Blu-ray release, but they will get some flak if they stick it in a DVD sized case.
Old 7th February 2014, 03:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

That's a fair point, I'd not thought of it like that, but seeing as I buy most of my stuff online due to the ridiculous prices of HMV, it wouldn't affect me.

And companies like Shameless/Arrow/Second Sight etc could stick a £50 note inside their releases and somebody would still find reason to complain, that's just the way it is these days
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th February 2014, 04:01 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Hi guys,

The reason Shameless have gone for the DVD case rather than the smaller Blu-ray case is to make the most of the fantastic collector's limited edition lenticular card. It wouldn't be quite as impressive on a smaller case like a blu-ray. The bigger the better! When we reveal it next Friday lunchtim, you will love it!

This is an incredible release, with a very nice UK exclusive extra too. The first time the film has been released in this country! With an AMAZING artwork - designed by our very own Cult Labs member, SJ - support this UK release rather than the US one!
Old 7th February 2014, 04:09 PM
Cult Rookie

Default cancelled

As a good supportive chap I pre-ordered this with Amazon when it was listed a short while back. Now I seem to have had my order cancelled by Amazon since the didn't want me benefiting from getting a blu ray added at a later date at the original pre-order price. Not sure entirely fare if the barcode didn't change (no idea) but guess I need to pre-order again. Never happened before, but I assume it was Amazon's profit I'd have been hitting, not Shameless' - anyway, ordered again until Shameless can sell to me directly : )
Old 7th February 2014, 04:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just checked and my preorder is still there with Amazon, I placed my order on the 28th January for a little over £16

Like this? Share it using the links below!