View Single Post
Old 5th November 2010, 02:36 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck View Post
I'm reluctant to move to Bluray as it would mean once I'd switched over I'd obsessive/compulsively need to upgrade every dvd I owned. I wouldn't be happy watching a standard dvd if a BR was available and I don't have the cash to cope!! Also I have a nice Sony 1080p upscaler dvd recorder that I couldn't part with (not yet anyway). No space for two players in the living room. The wife would have a fit.

Haha yeah. It's been a gradual process of conversion for me - it started with getting a 40inch 1080p tv and then noticing that dvd's just didn't look quite as good. Then a friend hooked his Blu-ray player up to the tv, the dvds looked fantastic upscaled (we actually watched Arrow's recent release of Inferno as a test) and the blu-ray films looked even better. I wouldn't buy everything again but I'm a bit of an Argento nut and all the dvds of his movies I have I only paied a few pounds for so I don't reallt mind making the upgrade. Oddly enough, Arrow's releases have been quite instrumental in persuading me as a lot of their blu-ray releases are of films I've seen but have been in the process of wanting to buy to watch again (Battle Royale, Bay of Blood, Dawn and Day of the Dead etc)