View Single Post
Old 15th November 2010, 07:54 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

For me it has to be the fairly recent torrent of torture crap. This can be split into two:

- we got some semi-decent intelligent flicks like Saw and possibly Hostel, then suddenly we get a million sequels or imitations which are not true horror. Just an excuse to milk money and ride the waves. I do not want to see 90 mins of shit and people being traumatised (perhaps it is me who is traumatised with being so bored?).

- the number one pet-hate for me has to be the low budget torture gore stuff that is just sick and perverted. You know, Toetag releases, August Underground, Vomit trilogy etc. I HATE this stuff to the core. It gives horror a terrible name, and I just don't understand why folks will want to watch movies like this. Times like this i kind of like how this stuff doesn't get official releases in Britain, not on a censorship level but just not encouraging the idiots who makes these films to make more.

2nd type of horror is the animal stuff. I love Lenzi, Martino etc, but just hate seeing animals in their flicks. One of the reasons I would never watch that Mondo crap.

Phew I feel better now.