View Single Post
Old 18th November 2010, 10:46 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
The BLAIR WITHC PROJECT in HD? Now that has got to be the greatest oxymoron in the history of cinema.

I think it’s vastly overrated. While I wouldn’t go as far as to write it off as “shit” like Inspector Tanzi, I’d agree that it failed to live up to the hype. If you overlook the gimmicky publicity all you’re really left with is a sub-par CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST wannabe, albeit it one without the gore and animal cruelty. It’s the hype and back story that’s of great significance and a reason why the film will continue to endure (for a while at least).
I’ve not seen the sequel and have still not seen PARANORMAL ACTIVITY, but fear that the latter will probably leave me as cold as BWP.
I don't think anybody is missing anything by not watching 'The Blair Witch Project 2: Book of Shadows.' It completely foregoes the cam-corder footage route but continues with the premise that the original was genuine footage. It is an absolutely awful film though, never heard about anybody liking it.
As for you not seeing 'Paranormal Activity,' if you didn't like 'Blair Witch' then you're probably better off staying away from it as I doubt whether you would like it. It's basically 'Blair Witch' but set in a house and with an opening/closing door and lights that turn on and off. Plus the same kind of "everything kicks in all in the last five minutes" kind of ending.