View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2010, 11:40 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

This week's upcoming episode is supposed to rock! (Episode 4).
Yeah, zombie movement is a cause for much argument. At the risk of sounding like I'm trying to appeal to everyone, I genuinely like both, for different reasons;

Slow moving (in great numbers) because there is a definite threat here and it's long drawn out inevitablity can be shocking. Example; the bikers in the mall (Dawn of the Dead). Yeah, they're slow, but there's so many of them they can't get away. Day does that brilliantly too.
My favourite slow movers are those in Zombi 2. They act like corpses could; slow for the most part and they don't tend to look at you, they just move.

Fast movers: The Dawn remake showed just how scary a running zombie can be. The threat is very real yet how could a corpse run like that? But hang on! Didn't someone already do that? Mt Boyle, sorry, but whatever you say 28 Days Later is a film firmly stuck in the zombie genre.

I haven't seen The Devil's Playground yet but the filmmakers hired freerunners/Parkour experts

If I'm true to myself, I actually do prefer the slow ones, but there's room for both in my apocalypse.