View Single Post
Old 14th January 2011, 07:26 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Because NYR (even when there were uncut releases from abroad), was one of the top sellers for Shameless, and I have no doubt that the BD will be as well.
Quite right, it was their second biggest seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustdevil View Post
You are forgetting that not everyone uses the internet if they did nobody would walk into a high street shop and pay £25 - £30 for a bluray when it's £15 - £18 online,but they do.
Also very true. Not sure if this is still the case but I remember Almar once saying that online sales actually count for very little and the majority of sales come from people purchasing a copy of the film on the high street. A lot of people who buy films like this are buying them as impulse purchases and probably aren't aware that there are other versions out there. And, even if they were aware, they may not have the time or inclination to go searching for these other versions online and so are quite happy to buy a slightly cut version that is easily available in their nearest HMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
When will we get the information about what these extras scenes/bits are? I'm curious about this, as I've never heard of missing bits before (just that scene that was misplaced in BU's & others' editions).

Also, what are the chances of TORSO getting a blu-ray release? I'd like to get the dvd, but if there's even a slight chance, I'll pass for now.
I've asked Shameless for more details on the additional footage so be patient for a bit longer. They're very busy at the moment but I'm sure they'll let us know as soon as they can.

As for Torso, I really can't say. I can say that there are no plans at the present time for it. Obviously, for the future, it depends on things like whether a good HD master comes available and also whether it would be worth Shameless spending the money to put it out on Blu-ray. With Shameless being such a small company and Blu-rays being expensive to produce, it's a careful balancing act. So, as for that, I just can't say.

There is this thread seeing what already released Shameless titles people would like to see released on Blu-ray. I'd say it's best to make known your desire for Torso there as Shameless do check it.

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 14th January 2011 at 08:06 AM.