View Single Post
Old 18th January 2011, 12:23 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

What a pity some folk are gonna pass on this Shameless release for the sake of 19 seconds .
I too prefer uncut films but I will buy a cut version if I have to or if I feel the purchase is justified , and I feel that if Shameless can go the extra mile for us fans by paying a fee to resubmit NYR to the BBFC in the hope of a waive of the previous DVD cut , then pay a second fee for an appeal viewing and fail ,yet still put it out as a premium release, with all new extras and extra footage , then I feel that thats a label that needs supporting and I will be buying the Shameless NYR BD on release.

With a US uncut R0 NYR already available I would imagine that Shameless will be aiming mainly at the UK market with this BBFC approved release , and even in its cut form I see it as an important UK release as so many companies would have pulled this after the first BBFC ruling, denighing many UK colecters and casual buyers the chance to own this gem of a film in Hi Def .
We need more Fulci on BD here in the UK for the UK Horror market to survive as not everybody imports . This is still an important release for UK fans even with the cut and imho the high sales of the first Shameless NYR on dvd prove this.