View Single Post
Old 18th January 2011, 01:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I think people will know which site you mean even without mentioning or giving hints to which one it is. The friendly nature of Cult Labs wasn't the reason I joined, but it is the reason I stuck around and it has become the #1 forum I visit because I receive so many recommendations and have many different thre threads in which I can talk about movies.

Anyway, back on topic, I wonder how long it will be until the BBFC relax their policies and guidelines even further and we see a shift similar to that in 1999 but to a lesser extent as peop distributors begin appealing previous rulings. I reckon it will take a decade or so so maybe in 2025 or thereabouts we will see an uncut version of the New York Ripper released in the UK with the BBFC's blessing. Either that or a radical governments will introduce legislation to allow 'unrated' DVD/BDs as long as they do not breach UK legislation. Sadly this will not permit films with ani animal cruelty but would work in the case of films like New York Ripper, A Serbian Film or I Spit on Your Grave.
Imo I dont think the BBFC will ever really loosen that much tbh, yes they have improved a lot recently but sexual violence and kids in sexual scenes between adults (i.e serbian film) will never be be seen as ok by them.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr