View Single Post
Old 15th February 2011, 12:31 PM
Cult Addict

Default Where did you first discover Prisoner?

For me, it was at a first something that was on to fill up the new all-night slot that ITV was had started running (Remember when the channels went off in the wee hours?). I'm ashamed to admit it, but it took me a good few months to get into it as I was told that it wasn't (went)worth the effort. However when I actually sat down and watched an episode I was hooked. The grittiness of it grabbed me and most of the vast array of characters who moved in and out were, well 'characters!' Some good, some mad and most of them bad. The storylines too were a revelation compared to the usual drama that I was used to seeing on T.V. All of this combined had me enthralled and I never again missed an episode. I did have to wait until it came back on Ch.5 to catch the beginning that I had missed. What other shows have an explosion in the first episode?

If you have only heard the stories and rumors about Prisoner being rubbish, forget them! You don't get to have 692 episodes by being awful. Prisoner is quality drama, plain and simple. Give it a chance and you too will be hooked. Yes, it really is THAT good.