View Single Post
Old 16th February 2011, 01:38 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
When I was younger I remember my mother regularly recorded Prisoner Cell Block H from Tyne Tees in perhaps the early to mid 90's. I seem to recall it was on quite late although I would have been about 10-11 or so at the time so even 10pm would seemed quite late to me! I remember her recording it and watching it at the weekend (or in the morning if she was off during my school summer holidays) and watching some of them with her, being quite shocked at how gritty and violent it seemed to my young eyes! I'd love to watch some of it again to see how much I could remember but at the minute the dvds are at the very very bottom of a long to-buy-list unfortunately.

Hazy things I do remember:
  • Lizzie smoking
  • the steam press
  • The Freak!
  • A big fire in the prison
  • someone (maybe Lizzie) finally being let out, being unable to adjust to life on the outside and comitting a minor crime (shoplifting?)
  • An escape bid during a pantomime
  • Constant talk of the "Top Dog"
  • And finally, the theme tue which I used to find really depressing even back then
Looks like you remembered well - it was my Mum who got me into Prisoner as well although she denies it now!

Do keep popping on here as we'll no doubt have some competitions to win copies...