View Single Post
Old 16th February 2011, 11:37 PM
Cult Rookie

I watched the show back on HTV during it's first year of broadcast in Wales. Had never seen anything quite like it (and still haven't to this day !!) and it hooked me immediately. Being a bit young then i wasn't allowed to watch it as it was on so late, but luckily had a TV in my room so used to sneak it on with the volume down quite low so I wouldn't be discovered...

Can't really remember the schedule back in those days but during the last couple of years it was on Tuesday's and Thursday's. At one time we had it 3 times a week... BLISS ! Used to tape the show on old VHS tapes after a couple of years and did it all the way to the end. Still have them too to this day... Not quite sure why I have never thrown them out. Maybe the labour of love it took to get them all on video in the first place?

It was treated quite shoddily by HTV in terms of scheduling, but I never really learned of the cuts that they made until a few years into the show and the explosion of fanzines/H-Block Heralds and the like. Minor cuts don't bother me, but when I learned of some of the major cuts like during the fire etc I was furious.

Thankfully we know have the DVDs which are as complete as they can be.

Anyway - any other HTV viewers here ?