View Single Post
Old 9th February 2008, 12:14 PM
Cultist in Training

Some of my faves were The Amazing Mr No Legs from Temple, Don't Answer The Phone from WOV2000 and The Devonsville Terror from (if memory serves) VTC

DATP has had a good release from BCI, Anchor Bay did a passable job of Devonsville, but Mr No Legs NEEDS to be released by one of the major cult players, Synapse, BU, NoShame. Hey, here's an idea, how about Shameless? If ever there was a title to put a company on the map, this would be THE standout title. The net is awash with ropey 3rd gen bootlegs on DVDr, how about a nice, spanking clean remastered print, with a commentary track with cast/crew and Marc Morris? Being as the film is virtually unknown outside of its tiny core demographic audience, the rights to buy it up should be miniscule, but the profits returned could be astronomical.

Something to bear in mind for the future perhaps? Instead of releasing titles that are widely available overseas, why not aim for titles that aren't readily available anywhere and master them all to Region 0 NTSC discs? That way they're universal, all that needs to alter is the sleeve. Up to now I think that you're doing a bang up job, any company that can get Flavia and NY Ripper past the BBFC deserves both attention and respect, not to mention money. Let's hope that when the coffers are suitably swelled we'll start to see some original product.

Just out of curiosity, how do you/will you decide on forthcoming releases? Do you poll or ask for feedback etc? What is the criteria?

Arsey Pissflaps - Xbox 360 gamertag

Anthropophagous - PS3 ID