View Single Post
Old 9th February 2008, 01:18 PM
Cultist in Training

Deported Women of the SS Special Section - If SS Experiment Camp can get a release, this should pass
Diary of a Cloistered Nun - Was released by Redemption on VHS but was cut
Expose - This NEEDS to be released. I read Synapse or BU were going to put it out last year but nothing has turned up yet
The Amazing Mr No Legs - Exploitation par excellance
Bloody Moon - One of Franco's finest. This movie deserves to be given a definitive version. All existing releases are either cut or of piss-poor quality.

That's just a couple off the top of my head, but there are many hundreds more movies that are now all but lost. British cinema in the late 60's and early 70's was chock full of our own home grown exploitation pot boilers. Titles like Baby Love with Linda Hayden and Diana Dors have been unavailable for years except in bootleg form. How about a Mary Millington boxset? What is out is in awful condition but it still sells. A restored set of movies would be an absolute cash cow, as her name is known worldwide. Same with the Confessions films and other Askwith titles like Four Dimensions of Greta ( available from Redemption, but the image is truly abysmal )or Horror Hospital.

Concentrating on Euro films is all well and good, but there's so much quality Brit stuff that's languishing in limbo that could be brought to a new audience.

Sorry if this appears to have descended into a rant but our own exploitation heritage has been neglected for far too long and someone somewhere needs to start taking note before it's lost forever.

Arsey Pissflaps - Xbox 360 gamertag

Anthropophagous - PS3 ID