View Single Post
Old 16th March 2011, 02:57 PM
Cult Rookie

Excellent article and totally agree with a lot of your points. I think Prisoner was looked down upon in Britain out of sheer embarrasment by the tv execs that for an Australian drama made in the late seventies was rating quite well (probably better) than some of our own soaps which I think is why it was never given a prime time slot. The earliest we ever got it on STV was 10.30.
I for one could never really get into Bad Girls although I did think that they tried to get more outlandish in the way of plots but it just never did it for me the way Prisoner could. Although I did think they had the makings of a great Top Dog in Linda Henry (who is now Shirley in Eastenders) but I think they killed her off. I think what Bad Girls lacked more than anything was great characters & charecterisation which is something I love about Prisoner. Dangerous Women was truly awful but in a slightly enjoyable way you can view various clips and the first episode in full on You Tube.
i think i'm going on a bit here so once again great article, you certainly know your prison dramas