View Single Post
Old 12th September 2008, 10:36 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Just watched 'Who Saw Her Die' which I got from Sarah's (brilliant) comp! Here's what I thought of it:

This is a very good Giallo directed by the brilliant Aldo Lado starring George Lazenby (James Bond; OHMSS)! A very good thriller about a father (Lazenby) searching for the person who killed his young daughter. The best part about this film is the truly amazing cinematography - practically every shot is very artistic and beautiful (especially set against the backdrop of Venice) as well as the the score which is puire genius (by Ennio Morricone) and really adds to the tense atmosphere.

It has also been said that the classic 'DON'T LOOK NOW' was heavily influenced by this film; the same setting, child murdered, simular characters, the list goes on. And personally, I have no idea which one I preffered!

This DVD (released by the FANTASTIC 'Shameless') is one of their best releases; again the cover is reversible and the quality is breathtaking. Although their are no real extras (besides the trailers of other Shameless releases) there are many scenes in this film which have been added in to make this the most complete and longest version of the film ever, such as the start in which a little girl is murdered in a snowy film - incredible stuff.

A word of warning however; do not go into this film, expecting gratitous violence and blood EVERYWHERE! This is actually a 15 rated film (by the BBFC) but was risen to an 18 due to the trailers included. However, don't let this put you off, and the murder scenes ARE stunning (my fav being the murder of the guy with all the birds in the cage) This is a great film and fans of giallo's/ italian cinema of the 70s will LUV this film!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK SHAMELESS!