View Single Post
Old 11th April 2011, 05:21 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Wow! I did not expect this kind of news in a million years! Well done BBFC (obviously, I still realise this is not the final verdict)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
As for the other animal cruelty scenes (the turtle, monkey and pig), the BBFC's view is that these killings were quick, clean and humane and therefore do not contravene BBFC policy.

In conversation, Deodato has advised Shameless that, in his mind, the muskrat scene was the only animal-killing in the film where the animal was sacrificed, all of the other animals were eaten as was normal practice in that part of the world.
I have always used this argument when it came to the turtle and the monkey (I didn't know that they ate the pig afterwards). I don't understand how in the old BBFC cuts, they allowed the footage of the killing of the spider and the snake, but not the animals which were actually eaten afterwards. They used actual tribes people which consider monkey brains a delicacy.
I do completely agree with the muskrat comment though - that is the hardest animal scene for me to watch, probably followed by the pig.