View Single Post
Old 11th April 2011, 08:42 PM
Cultist

Wow, thats great news for UK fans really. Of course it would be better if it was uncut but it's interesting that they have given some pretty clear reasoning.

As has already been pointed out most serious fans will have an uncut copy (I certainly do, and have done since the VHS days - the Grindhouse DVD being the latest version I've picked up) but just the loss of the muskrat scene isn't really a problem. I've always found that the most shocking part of the film because it's such a botch job - the thing obviously suffers pretty badly. The way I see it if you've already got it uncut and are that bothered about it then you won't be buying the Shameless release anyway and there's no point in being negative about it.

Personally, as someone that grew up in the dark days of Ferman, it's refreshing that things have come so far. Really interested to see what the 2011 re-edit turns out like in comparison to the original and to see what it looks like in HD. Shame that The Cockfighter will never see the light of day over here.

Trampy And The Tramp win Curry Lover(s) of the Year award at the Scottish Curry Awards 2010

www.trampyandthetramp.blogspot.com