View Single Post
Old 27th April 2011, 06:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Default Kyle's VHS hunt diary

well since i decided a few days ago that i will now start to collect VHS! i thought it might be a good idea to keep a diary of films i get hold of and post pics and maybe stories of how or where i got them from.

yesterday the only VHS i owned were zombie child and hard boiled 2, i used to have hundreds but over the years have given them away to charity shops to make space for dvd's.

i woke up this morning quite excited, i had decided to get up town early and search some charity shops for tapes, the first place i was going to try was the place i had given most of my old tapes to over the years.

when i walked through the door i instantly noticed that the vhs section had been replaced with some shitty kids toy , i asked the guy where they had gone and he said that nobody buys vhs anymore so they have thrown all of the tapes away at the tip and it seems that this has happend at a few other charity shops also.

most of the shops that did have any only seemed to have work out videos or children's films but i did find these at one of them.

i have seen repossessed quite a few times but don't own it on DVD and it was 25p, i have never even heard of electra glide in blue but after reading the back it sounds quite interesting and this was 50p.

when i got back home my little lad was waiting for me with a small vhs shaped package in his chubby little hands for me inside was Amityville 3 that i had won on ebay on Monday for £1, not sure if i had seen this before or not but will watch tonight hopefully.

Last edited by Stefan@Cult Labs; 5th May 2011 at 04:05 AM.