View Single Post
Old 28th April 2011, 05:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Funnily enough I've just begun collecting VHS again myself - I sold a ton of them to Smack Convertors a few years ago back when you could still get 50p each for them. Made a tidy sum actually. I only kept a hold of a handful that had not yet been issued on DVD at the time or if they had were OOP and hard to get - Naked, The Keep, etc.

So far I have picked up the big box versions of The Geek and Trick Or Treat, and a pre-cert copy of House Of Whipchord. I'm focusing mainly on the big box versions as I love the fact that each company at the time seemed to put a lot of thought into there own packaging, with brightly coloured cases and embossed logos etc. rather than just all using the same generic cases. That and the amazing artwork is what makes collecting VHS so appealing to me.

Hmmm, maybe I should start my own thread .

By the way, Electraglide In Blue is an amazing film - one of my favourites; it was unavailable for a long time on DVD (at least in the UK, as far as I know) but has since been issued by Optimum. They showed it on BBC's Moviedrome many years ago and I had been hunting for it ever since . I picked up the soundtrack on LP when it was reissued by Simply Vinyl a few years ago. It is generally regarded as one of the all time great soundtracks, along with Bullet et al.