View Single Post
Old 27th September 2008, 07:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I don't mind Killswitch Engage but I hated their END OF HEARTACHE album, I thought it was utter crap and it quickly went to the back of the CD collection.

Here's a real find and to be honest until today I didn't even know of their existence. It's a Phil Anselmo side project that he did with his ex-wife Stephanie Opal. They're called SOUTHERN ISOLATION and it's nothing heavy, just moody melodic acoustic Southern Rock. They only released one EP that's now very rare.

Check their MySpace page for a couple of songs (and an Alter Bridge song someone accidentally added). Hal, Tall Dude etc, this is for you! just don't expect owt heavy.

And here's a quote from Phil Anselmo on his inspiration for it:

Quote:
"She is a breath of fresh air on a world of pre-programmed rap and hip-hop oriented drivel, full up to the hilt with mechanical lifelessness. All instruments are physically played by people!! Not programmed by pop-culture mongers out to sever the true vein of True musicians who want to carry on the perfect tradition of music from the late 60's to the mid 90's. And the scattered few modern bands that feel the same passion most of which lay in the deepest recesses of the underground (which still only compensate for a handful of bands). This is the goal of Baphomet/Housecore Records in general. Opal fits the mould perfectly. It will be a privilege and quite a ride to watch her grow as an artist and a personality, more to come...obviously."
Anselmo always speaks sense. Think what you like of him (a lot of people dislike for apparently being a racist (as well as other things)... mind you you can't say shit these days without being branded as that) but he knows what he's talking about and is a nice guy beyond his troubles. He's a living ****ing legend if you ask me.