View Single Post
Old 6th May 2011, 04:47 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
In that respect, you're definitely not alone. I own an uncut version of the film but I'm really looking forward to seeing Ruggero Deodato's edit, plus whatever extras Shameless include in the set.
It's one of the few horror films that leave the audience behind with a really unpleasant feeling. For my personal taste, it's almost a bit too much. It's a movie that I can watch approximately once a year. Altogether, this could be understood as some dislike of the movie on my side - and I would not necessarily interfer with that opinion, as the experience of watching CH is not too joyful (I guess many can admit that). However, you can also judge it as a compliment - as this is basically what a HORROR movie should do (apart from delivering two enjoyable hours): it should try to HORRIFY the audience.

So it definitely has its place in horror movie history. To keep it simple: I do not LIKE the movie - yet I think it has a lot of qualities. Just think of the portrayal of mankind! Too realistic, for my taste at least. But when I think of the end of the movie: would a producer of our time really give orders to burn such a "documentary"? - in times of Big Brother and Co. I'd say: no. So maybe reality is a lot worse than this fictitious flick. That's a sad thing () and off-topic - but I wanted to share my thoughts with this community.

Why did I quote Nos - yeah, I know! Because I wanted to say that I own a (quite good) french version. However, the yellow box will just look nice on this infamous classic - I'm 100% sure!

Greetings!