View Single Post
Old 10th May 2011, 05:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

From a censorship point of view, I think it is a step forward. I believe anyone over the age of 18 - and therefore an adult - should have the right to watch whatever they want as long as it doesn't violate the laws of the land, in this case cruelty to animals (as far as the 'sexual violance' goes, imho you can see much more disturbing things in perfectly legal p*rn readily available just a click of a mouse button away*).

Now, personally, it still doesn't change the fact that I do not wish to see animals being killed, humanely or otherwise. Sorry, but that's just me. I just don't find it entertaining. I Just won't be able to ignore the fact that that is a fellow sentiant beings life ending; it's the same reason I don't want to watch videos of beheadings and suicides on the 'net (although I know a few people who do). Maybe I'm being over sensitive, but hey, that's just me . I'll be quite happy to have an option to watch without the animal killings, but otherwise uncut. As far as the BBFC is concerned, well they have been showing animals being killed on TV 'reality' shows for years. I watched one of those 'survivor' type shows years ago and they were quite merrily lopping the heads of chickens, and I don't remember anyone kicking up a stink about then, no matter how repellent I thought it was.

*People tell me.