View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 07:50 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanmetal View Post
All along I didn't mind that there was animal cruelty. I don't undertand why everybody is so bothered. In slaughterhouses 1000s of animals die, suffer etc. When one man (Ruggero Deodato) puts this into a film 1000s of people are disgusted, saying why not kill Deodato. Frankly I don't really care about the deaths of a few animals, especially since they were dead within mere seconds.
I disagree. There is a slight difference, as in slaughterhouses the main purpose is to produce food; that's why the animals are killed there. In films like CH they got killed because the director (or anybody else) wanted it to be in the movie - the fact that they have been eaten afterwards and not been suffering for too long in most case does not extinguish the fact that they died for the movie in the first place. I personally feel a little uncomfortable when I think of that.

But I can't see any purpose in banning old movies because of such scenes - the animals won't come back to life again. Let's just hope that every single animal killed in a movie in the future will be nothing else but CGI!

Greetings!