View Single Post
Old 12th May 2011, 10:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
i don't care that the animals died i just find it disgusting to watch and a cheap shock tactic. to me it's like filming a close up of someone's anus having a shit and putting it in a horror film. yes it's disgusting to look at, yes it's a simple fact of life, but do i want to look at it while watching a horror film? no thank you. i would just as soon watch a version of CH without the animal death, for me it adds nothing to the film, in fact it detracts for me when people do this. same like gasper noe's carne, i love it but i could really do without seeing the horse get it's head cut off at the beginning.
the bbfc decision has no effect on how i feel about it, but i am very pleased with their decision. despite my own feelings on seeing this kind of thing i completely understand why many want to see the film in it's complete version, and if it was up to me i'd say yes leave all the animal violence in there, because for better of worse that's the film, end of. the really awesome thing here is that shameless will be giving us two versions, so everybody's happy! (except of course those who are still mad about the 15 seconds that has been cut.)
i hope this is indicative of further progress being made by the bbfc, and it will be very interesting to see what they make of house on the edge of the park. they still seem capable of ridiculous decisions, their refusal to grant an uncut new york ripper after all this time being one of the stupidest, so i guess it could still go either way. fingers crossed
thanks for the Carne spoiler there chief btw....