View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2008, 09:37 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Though alot are getting released now with just the animal kills cut, the last submission's of Holocaust, Ferox, Eaten Alive and Mountain of Cannibal god were cut for human violence as well.

The Cockfighter's another that I think still presents problems., as does Devil Hunter, (Angel, Vince.?) the film, not our member Devil Hunter.
The Vipco DVD of Mountain Of The Cannibal God was only cut to the two fighting animal scenes (bird/monkey & monkey/snake). The human violence was intact. Last Cannibal World had cuts to the crocodile mutilation and the rape of Me Me Lai. The latter also featured in Eaten Alive and would have been cut anyway if Vipco had submitted the uncut print. The castration scene was missing in the same film (due to it's pre-cutting) but passed intact in MOTCG.

Cockfighter has never been formally submitted to the BBFC due to the subject matter. They wouldn't reject it but every cockfighting scene would have to be cut or heavily re-edited.

Apparently The Devil Hunter (and Bloody Moon) have both passed intact though we await confirmation on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN must have been one of the BBFC'S most 'bounced in and out' films.....A cult classic!
The Tartan release features an excellent booklet detailing the problems the film faced.(As does BLOOD FOR DRACULA)
Yes Craig Lapper's booklet on the BBFC cuts to these two is superb. Flesh For Frankenstein was almost rejected for cinema but instead ended up with around 8 mins of cuts. Blood For Dracula fared better (but was still quite heavily cut) and even managed to pass uncut for video in the 90's.