View Single Post
Old 4th October 2008, 06:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The main problem for the BBFC regarding The Devil Hunter is the scene where a woman is raped whilst her hands are tied. The scene also involves some partial nudity. But unusually for a Franco film the camera is mainly kept at a distance prior to the rape and with the man standing in front of the woman during the actual rape blocking any nudity.

The other sequence earlier on showing a naked woman tied to a tree being molested and having her flesh ripped away could have been a problem. But over here the scene keeps cutting away to another sequence. I always find this has the effect of diminishing the impact of a particular scene. The scene above was simply ludicrous anyway.

After the passing of Franco's Demons it wouldn't surprise me if Devil Hunter was passed uncut.

Apparently the BBFC have also passed the uncut Castle Freak and the sexualised violence in this film is supposed to be pretty strong. They really do seem to be making efforts to pass whatever they can these days.

Yeah Cockfighter would no doubt pass as I don't think the BBFC have ever rejected a film purely on the grounds of cruelty to animals but as mentioned the cuts would have to be quite extensive.