View Single Post
Old 5th October 2008, 10:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post

Also completely removed was the scene at 13m showing a naked woman (yes again) having her head shoved repeatedly into a bathtub. Might sound tame but the violence here was quite unbelievable. Actually there is a similar scene in MSP but which goes even further as the woman also has her throat cut. Just for the record this scene in MSP would not have passed.

Another thing I didn't like about NB was that it was all shot on camcorder. Bit like August Underground. A technique I just don't like.

Let us know, Hal, if you ever see it uncut. You won't be as shocked as I was though.
Thanks for all the info Angel, much appreciated. I've seen the uncut version of MSP but like I said not Nutbag. The scene you mentioned (above) with the bathtub is one of the ones I'd have expected would have to be cut from MSP along with the scenes involving children and the wieght bench rape scene. The bathtub scene in MSP was quite brutal and pretty extreme I must admit. The scenes I mentioned there are the only ones I personally thought would be cut, the chainsaw murder is very violent and gory but I didn't think that'd pose any problems.

Yeah sure, I'll get hold of an uncut copy of Nutbag at some point i'm sure so I'll let you know what I think.

As for the film being shot on camcorder, I dont really like narrative driven films (if you can call Palumbo's films narrative driven) on camcorder either but I thought with August Underground it kind of worked and added to the effect of the film due to it's premise of being 'found snuff movie footage'. It's one of the only films I've seen shot on a camcorder that actually uses the medium to it's advantage successfully.

Last edited by Halloween_22; 5th October 2008 at 10:33 PM.