View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2011, 12:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I watched The Deaths of Ian Stone last night.

An interesting London based, horror fantasy about a man who takes on a new persona each day and is killed at the end of it.

Can he find out what is happening to himself?, and just as importantly, why?

With excellent camera work in the capital, this film is certainly not the norm when it comes to genre film making. It features Jaime Murray (Hustle, Dexter) in a large supporting role.
Great film. This was one of the ones I picked up in Home Bargains for 99p mainly due to it featuring Jaime Murray and really enjoyed it. A definite 'keeper'.

Just watched Terror Train yesterday and thought it was great. I'm surprised it is not better know outside of genre fandom. It was a shame they didn't use the Groucho Marx mask throughout the film as it was supremely creepy. This may sound a bit odd, but I thought that it actually had more of a Giallo feel to it, rather than your typical US teen slasher fest.

Watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show last night with a mate at the Tyneside Cinema. The film was great, the crowd less so - lot's of pissed up students, including one young lass who threw up next to us. I'll be going back next month for the new print of Apocalypse Now!

I think I'll watch either New York Ripper or Bay Of Blood tonight as I've just received the AWE releases in the post this week.