View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 12:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Splatterdragon, why do you need both BD and dvd?, especially when you have the R1 dvd.
I knew such a question would come my way sooner or later and my actions would eventually bring such a query upon myself.

I like to cater for both formats as i'm not ready to abandon DVD just yet, if ever. Also, any exclusive extras between U.S. and U.K. releases almost always results in yours truly buying both editions so both bases are covered. Admittedly, more for sake of 'completion' than anything else really.

Costly of course but my DVD and BR collection is the only true materialistic vice i have. As such, i like to maintain as hopefully impressive a range as i can and if this means spending thousands since '98 to achieve my goal then so be it. I'm just (perhaps overly?) passionate about certain cinema, that's all.

As i've confessed more than once in the past, i tend to suffer from OCD. This being Obsessive Collector Disorder and i don't see a cure in sight just yet. Although i do admit i can't see myself continuing collecting after the Blu-Ray format. Any new home entertainment technology succeeding HD viewing may well have to be forsaken by me.

H2 DVD and BR now pre-ordered from HMV at pretty nice prices too imo!