Thread: Episode 693
View Single Post
Old 4th June 2011, 01:25 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
I'm afraid we probably won't ever see new extras for the UK editions simply because there just isn't the budget. We all know how good Prisoner is but it is a niche box set release and sadly money has to be spent on things like a BBFC fee for each disc and once you've manufactured and shipped it all there's not a lot left. If we could somehow make this a blockbuster seller (as frankly it should be!) then perhaps there would be an argument to try and find more stuff but it's about as likely as Lizzie walking past a still without ramming it full of anything to hand and drinking the result!
I totally understand what you're saying, Almar. It's amazing we've had so much of a release in the UK at all! But in saying that, the other side of the coin is that I'm sure it would help improve sales over here if they did manage to put out a few different extras with the volumes so there was some difference from the Australian release.

There's a considerable core of avid Prisoner fans within the UK who will have picked up the series in its entirety from Australia, who might be reluctant to buy the UK version as it's effectively the same product, but I do appreciate how it's a bit of a Catch-22 situation!