View Single Post
Old 14th June 2011, 09:44 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOwlsAreNotWhatTheySeem View Post
You mean because he describes it as "a very poor movie and blatantly misogynistic"?!

Personally, I don't know if I want to watch this or not. As someone with a big interest in gender politics and horror and finally getting to see Fulci's films, I'd certainly find it interesting. But I don't think I'd like it, and I don't particularly enjoy watching things that (theoretically) fit Calum's and Kermode's descriptions.

(As an aside, I have a much MUCH bigger problem with Shameless' 'whores meet saws' tagline than I do with any actual Cult Labs FILM I've ever seen...)
Now come on! With so much evil, atrocity and stupidity out there, the last thing I care about is a nasty (and catchy) tagline. To be honest, one of the reasons why I like Shameless releases are their funky taglines.

As for New York Ripper. It is indeed an evil and misogynic flick and it contains nasty and disgusting scenes. But that's the idea, I guess. Lucio Fulci didn't want to shoot a romantic comedy.

It's no film to watch with your spouse, though. Just imagine yourself coming to the bedroom with a bottle of champagne, happily stating "We really should get some rubber ducks for our bath, baby!". She'll not appreciate your gentleness but will get a cold shiver instead - as she is in fear of you breaking the bottle and....

As the movie is not for the squeamish, I recommend:

TO AVOID FAINTING
KEEP REPEATING,
IT'S ONLY A MOVIE
...ONLY A MOVIE
...ONLY A MOVIE
...ONLY A MOVIE

Greetings!