View Single Post
Old 19th June 2011, 07:34 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Sorry Prince, in my eyes Sudden Impact is worse than The Dead Pool. I really have a dislike for scrawny whiny Sondra Locke (in all his films).

Just as a footnote - A bad Clint film is still better than a great Michael Bay film. No film made by Clint has ever sunk to the depths of Transformers.
Yeah, I know that. But that's what I like about her in that film - you never know whether she's really tough or a just a wispy girl.

There's so much good stuff in Sudden Impact. A mature Clint, still badass but aged like good wine; quite a few really funny scenes (I love that nasty dog ); Pat Hingle and Bradford Dillmann; a dark moody setting; fantastic one-liners (just think of the great To me you're nothin' but dogshit, you understand? dialogue;... I could think of many more pros - maybe you watch the flick again some time.

I totally agree on your second statement, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
The Dead Pool was the first DH film that I saw at the cinema and I really enjoyed it. It's a pretty good film as far as I'm concerned. The only thing missing from it was the great Albert Popwell. And as for Sudden Impact, there are some classic scenes in there. Harry going back to the coffee shop at the beginning of the film with the "go ahead, make my day" line, and my personal favourite, the scene near the end on the boardwalk when Sondra Locke is getting roughed up and Harry appears in silhouette, holding the .45 Automag and the music kicks in.
The Dead Pool ain't too bad. It's a must see just because of Jim Carrey dying from an overdose.
Popwell is really cool; I very much like his character in Sudden Impact.

Greetings!