View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2011, 08:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
...but INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS was about as far removed from real history and that turned out great, IMO. I'm still really excited about this film and think that Jamie Foxx is a great and very versatile actor, so let's hope he does sign on for the role. I have a feeling that this film will be great fun - MANDINGO as directed by Sergio Corbucci! What's not to love?
Sorry Paul, but was REALLY hoping Tarantino was gonna go all spaghetti on our arses. my point was Hollywood keeps changing history to suit our politically correct times. The indigenous American Indians where denied historically truthful treatment in movies til the 60s. But even as I think about it, to me it's insulting to soften up history to make it cuddly and put bums on seats. In 'Valkyrie' Tom Cruise's Von Staffenberg is shown as acting against Hitler in part to help the jewish people, absolute tosh, he planted the bomb to enable a takeover by the military. But peeps had to be told he was helping the jewish people to make a Nazi sellable at the box office. As you may gather it's a real bugbear with me. Now where's my tablets.