View Single Post
Old 30th June 2011, 04:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
What about the Grindhouse Releasing Version wasnt a new HD transfer created for that?
That is indeed the case (Spectacular new hi-definition digital anamorphic widescreen transfer, as it states in the blurb). I'm guessing there must have been another R1 Pieces release, as the 'transferred from an old videotape print' someone mentioned earlier sounds nothing like the copy I have. It upscales really well in my blu-ray player too, I just dug it out after reading this news to check (I always remember it looking great, which was why I was so sure it would head to Blu ). The features were pretty solid too as I recall, the interview with the director was nearly an hour long, and quite in-depth.

I am interested in the Arrow features though, particularly to see High Rising's slightly unique, kitsch branded intros. As a genuine fan of the film, more new stuff will be hugely interesting. But it's not the definite instant purchase a Blu release would have been, it's more a bargain purchase, for me personally. Which may sound slightly harsh, I guess I just built up my expectations too high.