Thread: Episode 693
View Single Post
Old 9th July 2011, 09:50 PM
Cult Rookie

The fan made episode 692 that a few have mentioned here was exactly that, it was made by a few prisoner fans who ran a fanzine called The Block in the early 90's. I saw it screened at a prisoner convention in Durham, it was basically a few of the guys dressed up as some of the inmates/screws which they filmed with a video recorder and yes it was awful but it was only made for a laugh.

Re Prisoner Cell Block H: The musical. The musical premiered in London's west end in 1995 at the Queens theatre before going on tour in 96 and again in 97. I saw the show 18 times all around the country and it was absolutely fantastic, very tongue in cheek and totally OTT. There were plans to film the musical but it was blocked by Grundy over copyright so unfortunately it will never be seen again. I have an audio recording of the final show at Edinburgh's festival Theatre in 97 which I recorded with a dictaphone on my lap, the sound is poor but most of the dialogue can be followed and all the songs are there. Great times!!