Thread: Retro gaming
View Single Post
Old 20th July 2011, 10:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Anyone still got their C64??

My favourite games on it were easily Codemasters' DIZZY EGG games...

They were so great and have lost none of their replay value. The Amiga versions have the better graphics though.
Those Dizzy games were amazing! I had them on the Spectrum and Amstrad systems. Another series of games I loved were the Magic Knight games. I sold my old 8 bit collection about 5 years ago, but would love to start collecting them again. There were so many great games put out by labels such as Firebird, Mastertronic, Code Masters, Imagine, Ocean etc. Such fantastic artwork, too! Oooh, you've got me all nostalgic now!

To be honest, after the 8 bit era, I sort of dropped out of gaming until the PS1 came along when I was a student. I still have my chipped PS1 with all the Resident Evil games, as well as Dino Crisis, Silent Hill, MGS, etc. Still have my N64, too, along with the two Castlevania 64 games, and Golden Eye. Sold all the other games years ago.

The one console I would never part with is my Dreamcast. I honestly think that is the greatest console of all time. Sadly it was before it's time - just too ambitious for the technology of the day, before the days of broadband and all. And Sega Europe's chronic mis-management didn't help either.

Sadly, I have only just found that my light gun won't work with flat screen TVs. No more House of the Dead for me, then.