View Single Post
Old 25th July 2011, 04:37 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

In regards to the B-Movie Boxset, I have three of the titles mentioned; Hell Comes to Frogtown, Slugs, and The Stuff as they were also released as stand-alone discs.

All three are ports of the ABUS discs (even down to the distributor logos pre-credit sequence ).

As for the films themselves, each definitely fits their respective 'B-movie' moniker, and are terrific slices of pungent cheese.

Hell Comes to Frogtown sees a post-They Live 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper battle giant talking frogs in a post-apocalyptic action packed fun-fest - I guess his career never recovered after this, but it's a great watch.

Slugs deals with - wait for it - killer slugs... it's a campy little creature-feature (incidentally by the same guy who directed the amazing Pieces! ) and doesn't disappoint in either the slug or the cheesy '80s dialogue department.

The Stuff is probably my favourite of the three and deals with a strange substance (called 'The Stuff' ) that replaces ice-cream (and frozen yoghurt I guess, as it's based in the US ) across the land, which is also highly addictive and turns everyone who eats it into mindless (killer!) drones.

Whilst I've seen most of the others in the set, I can't comment on the quality of the discs. The three I mentioned above are (surprisingly) decent transfers, and well worth a punt if you can find the set or the individual releases at a reasonable price.