View Single Post
Old 27th July 2011, 07:31 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Intruder is now at the top of my Lovefilm queue, so I should hopefully get to see it this week and can then decide whether to add it to my collection.
I'd say it's good that the first time you get to see it, you'll be seeing it fully uncut! We didn't have that privilege the first time it came out on Colourbox video thanks to the BBFC, they cut it to ribbons, as did the MPAA for its R Rating in the US and of course, Paramount wouldn't distribute an unrated version of the film. Gorezone magazine at the time did a great feature on how badly the film had been censored and printed a ton of teasing uncut photos of a film no one could see uncut. First time I saw the full version was an uncut Timecode VHS on Colourbox I picked up in 1990 and it was a revelation! It wasn't until the DVD came out that it was finally released uncut officially.
With things being more relaxed these days and over the top gore being second nature in so many current horror films, Intruder might not seem that crazy but for its time, it was definitely extreme. KNB efx go all out in this one which was also their first official credit as an FX outfit incidentally.