View Single Post
Old 31st July 2011, 10:53 AM
Cult Rookie

I adore the Twilight Zone. When I was young my dad used to tell me episodes he could remember from it as bedtime stories. He used to do the voices and everything. He used to tape them on BBC2 (they were on past my bedtime) and we'd watch them together. Later he bought some VHS tapes of the '80s version, there were six on a tape. I watched them religiously (my favourites were Shatterday and A Little Peace And Quiet, both directed by Wes Craven) and wore them out to the point that my dad had to re-buy them.

When I grew older and managed to track down the original series I was able to fall in love with them all over again with a more mature mind. Every opening and closing monologue was so poetic, every plot so clever that, like the Beatles' music, it was clear it had had a big influence so much of what was to follow in the decades to come. I moved from Glasgow to London in 2006 and the first thing I bought with my first wage was an import of the Twilight Zone Complete Definitive Collection on DVD. I've spent the last five years watching them over and over again and hope to buy the Blu-rays and review them on my website when I have the money. Here's a (bad quality) photo of my pride and joy:

Last edited by scully1888; 1st August 2011 at 09:32 AM.