Thread: Bigfoot Films
View Single Post
Old 16th November 2008, 09:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

How could I forget WEREWOLF AND THE YETI? Especially after I've requested a DVD release so many times. It's a bad film I agree but it's also strangely engaging and the final battle is such a disappointment but also fascinating at the same time. Viva Paul Naschy!

I love Creature From Black Lake but I've never seen a good print of it. Unfortunately it's one that I can't see getting a proper release because it's so minor but it really is a wonderful little film.

Alright so I've just watched another couple from this Bigfoot Terror set. THE CAPTURE OF BIGFOOT is tremendous fun and never has a dull moment. But SEARCH FOR THE BEAST is one of the worst films I've ever sat through. It has lots of big baps, some hillbilly banjo playing, a Bigfoot rape scene and a David Friedman cameo but don't let that fool you. It's an appalling SOV atrocity that has a crap plot, crap editing, crap special effects and was painful to sit through, Andreas Schnaas would have been proud of it. Thankfully it was only 69 minutes long though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129358/

Check its IMDb page, it has a score of 1.4/10 and that is generous! It looked way out of place in this Bigfoot set.

So Bigfoot Terror in my opinion contains 2 classics, 1 very entertaining potboiler and 1 of the worst films ever made. £6 well spent I reckon . It's worth it alone for the Yeti chasing scene in Shriek Of The Mutilated when he shouts to Bigfoot "get back here you fool!" .

Last edited by cloud; 16th November 2008 at 09:29 PM.