View Single Post
Old 20th August 2011, 07:33 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
And more from Australia..

Blood Vessels: Hammer Cult Classic comes to Australian Exclusive Blu-ray! « Thru Bloodshot Eyes

It was bound to happen eventually: Australia looks set to join the rest of the world in the slow trickle of Hammer Films being released on Blu-ray come September with a regional exclusive. Domestic distributor Shock Entertainment, under the sub-banner of their MGM catalogue, will be releasing Roy Ward Baker’s cult classic vampire opus The Vampire Lovers (1970) into the High Definition arena on August 31st 2011.

Advance specs & confirmed extras for the release include:

High Definition 1080p transfer (in original 1.85 theatrical ratio)
Audio commentary with director Roy Ward Baker, writer Tudor Gates and star Ingrid Pitt
Excerpts from J. Sheridan Le Fanu’s “Carmilla” read by Ingrid Pitt
Original theatrical trailer
All Region

I've actually known about this for a little while but forgot all about it and the original spec sheet said 4:3!

At the Criterion Forum there's also mention of Tales From The Crypt and Futureworld coming from the same company.

And the uk companies will just keep issuing these films on dvd, all the while making sure these high quality imports are region locked to stop the fans buying the better releases

As for blue velvet, well i'm waiting to see what happens in the uk with that one, not sure I want rid of the synergy release with the velvet slipcase just yet.